Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I'm on Google Earth!

Follow up to
http://arizonareallyneatrocks.blogspot.com/2015/01/on-rocky-road-again.html

Last December I made that trip out to the Chickenman place, partly with the help of good ol' Google Earth.

The past few days I've been having some rather annoying computer problems, which have been at least temporarily resolved by changing a few settings and switching to Firefox.  After transferring a few files and making sure the basics were working all right, I decided to relax -- the whole ordeal had been pretty stressful -- and also check to make sure some of my other programs and accessories were still functioning.

Google Earth being a fun little application anyway, I booted it up and immediately headed for a virtual trip to the Chickenman place.  Imagine my total surprise when I found myself!


The Google "Imagery Date" is 12/29, but it's just plain wrong.  I was out there on the 30th, the day before New Year's Eve.  That's my little white Blazer at precisely the place I turned off the track, and that's me standing about three or four car lengths to the 4:00/5:00 angle from the car.

The first batch of stones cut from the material I collected that day is tumbling as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment